Packet Design will be in Paris in a couple of weeks – France, not Texas – to host our third annual Customer Symposium and participate in the 19th edition of the MPLS + SDN + NFV World Congress. During the Congress, Packet Design CTO Cengiz Alaettinoglu will discuss the benefits of centralized service orchestration directing traffic across IP/MPLS and optical layers. Here are the details of his session:
Location: Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
Date/Time: Thursday, March 23, 5:30 p.m.
Track: MPLS SDN
Topic: Cengiz will present several multi-layer use cases that adapt the lower layers of the network to the needs of the IP/MPLS layer. He will also discuss orchestration of services using SDN controllers in the IP/MPLS and optical layers, focusing on operational use cases for deploying new services and ensuring their constraints. In addition, he will provide an example of maintaining network efficiency under failure conditions, a common request of our service provider customers. For more on this topic, download Cengiz’s white paper on “The Missing Layer: SDN Management and Orchestration for Multi-Service Networks.”
The theme of the MPLS + SDN + NFV World Congress 2017 is how to evolve from management to orchestration. Event organizers say nearly half of the 1,500+ participants from 65 countries will be service providers. Packet Design is a Silver Sponsor, and we’ll be exhibiting in Booth 402 if you’d like to stop by and visit us!
Before the conference, we’ll be hosting our third annual Paris Customer Symposium on March 19-20, also at the Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center. The Symposium will include technical education sessions, a product roadmap presentation and discussion, and demonstrations of our new SDN analytics and orchestration capabilities. The agenda also includes presentations on service assurance best practices and early SDN deployments by Packet Design customers.
Caroline Chappell, Principal Analyst with Analysys Mason, returns to the Symposium to update us on SDN adoption by network operators, SDN business drivers and use cases, and the role of analytics and orchestration in enabling network transformation.
Attendees will also:
- Network with their industry peers to discuss common challenges and share ideas.
- Receive hands-on product training through a series of interactive use-case scenarios.
- Test their skills against their peers with a scenario competition and win prizes!
- Discover new ways for their organizations to derive value from their Packet Design products.
- Gain insight into customer SDN use cases and application deployments.
- Have face-to-face meetings with Packet Design executives to provide input.
- Hone their SDN skills and learn how to deploy custom apps using our SDN Management and Orchestration Platform.
- Be entered into a drawing for a chance to win free on-site consulting services worth $10,000.
The Symposium is free for customers who are current on their maintenance. Register here: http://go.packetdesign.com/customer-symposium-paris-2017